Monday, March 15, 2010

Beautiful Grandmothers

My Grandma Pam
My Great Grandma Painter
My Grandma Brenda

I was looking through my wedding pictures thinking how I needed to put together an album, I came across a few pictures that really caught my eye- all of which were of my grandmas. I have three beautiful grandmothers that I get to be around and learn from everyday.
I will start with my Great Grandma Painter- My grandma Painter is an amazing lady who has taught me the value of hard work, and how to keep working when things get hard. She is always taking care of her family, and surely she would never let anyone go hungry, She is an amazing cook, a skill I hope to develop over time.
Next is my Grandma Brenda- My Dad's Mom. She has taught me patience. She teaches me the importance of family. She has also taught me how to love those who may be the easiest to hate. A great gift I hope to keep with me entire life is her cleanliness, When I was a little girl she would have my cousin and I come and clean her walls her "Merry Maids."
She taught me girls don't fart they "fluff", black eyed peas aren't just a band but the food you eat on New Years Day to bring you good fortune, Black Cats are bad luck and Pennies are Good luck. She gave me her beautiful blue eyes and sensitive spirit. I Love her for each of these things and so much more.
Finally is my Grandma Pam, or "GP" as we all call her, My Grandma Pam has taught me the most. She has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love, that life is hard and sometime we just get dealt an unlucky hand but that doesn't mean we stop playing cards. She's taught me beauty isn't on the outside but the inside, that people mess up and how to forgive them. She has taught me that I am worth more then anything that watching me sing and dance, or play ball was always more important then anything else. She taught me that some lessons are hard to learn and others are harder to teach and most importantly she taught me that no matter what age, sickness or problem you have life is worth LIVING! I love her for that.

All of my grandma's have taught me and blessed me and shown me a little bit about life. I hope that I can cherish everyday I spend with them. And one day FAR FAR...FAR away I'll be a grandma and me granddaughter can see the beauty of all my grandmothers in my eyes, smile and lessons I share with them.

No comments: