Monday, June 7, 2010

To My Friend

I was thinking of you today, I cried.
There was a day that you were the only person who I told my secrets to, you were the only person who could get me to stop and think about what I really wanted for myself. I remember the funny little crush I had and the Serious Heartbreak I felt that summer. I can't listen to Jimmy Eat world the Middle because I cry each and every time I remember driving with you and Whitney.
I wish you were at my wedding to dance the electric slide with me.
Every time your little brother talks I automatically recall your voice.
I smile because you were a jokester I laugh at the times we blew things up, the days we played red rover and the truffle shuffle. I miss the "Three Amigos" hanging out like we were the coolest people in the world.
I miss you getting mad at me but I regret every fight we ever had. Thank you for letting me scream out all my problems to you and thank you for trusting me with yours. You are my friend, I wish I could go give you a big hug, I wish I could pause every laugh that we every shared and put them in a jar so now the days that I miss you I could open up that Jar, and laugh with you again. Instead I cry.
I know that today isn't a day I should miss you, or a day that other people are probably missing you, but I do. I miss you all the time. I love you and can't wait til You, Dallin, Daniel, Whitney, Logan and I can laugh at campfire again can look at all the mistakes we made in our lives and how having good friends like each other made all the difference.
I hope you look in on me every once in awhile. I hope you are teaching my family about me, and teaching them how to be a good friend like you.
Sometimes I feel like you are just in another state and one day I'll see you when I'm passing through, I wish this was true. I know there is a reason for everything that happens and I know that God needs you more then any of us down here. But please keep being our Guardian Angel.

3 comments:

Tina Montgomery said...

Felicity. This was beautiful. I love you. I miss you. This made me cry, and made me miss Taft more than I already did today.
I wish I had known him for years I wish I could have as many memories as the rest of you that were able to spend his whole life with him. I am so thankful for the memories that I do have of him though, and I hope that I have shared most of them with you, like you have shared yours with me. I love you and I think about you and everyone that is close to Taft often. Music is always something that triggers the missing him even more for me. I love that he loved music so much and that songs remind us of him. It makes it so I never forget each memory! I love you!!!

Felicity said...

I love you to Tina, I didn't mean to make you miss him too, but today was tuff, and I needed to express my pain. Thats why I love blogging. I hope you know that he loved you very much. We are so grateful he brought you into our family. You mean so much to us all! Love you tons!

Ashley Metzger said...

I'm so sorry you're in pain Felicity. That really was a beautiful and amazing tribute to him!