Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am so Blessed.

Today at work, a student shared some of her personal experiences in with the group. It literally broke my heart as she calmly spoke of the hardships that had faced her young self, tears rolled down my face. I could not even imagine such a terrible life, such pain, heartbreak and disappointment for so many years. She spoke soft and sincere she didn't want to tell her story so others would feel bad for her but so she could help someone else who had gone through the same thing.
When she was done she stated "I hope that if anyone has been hurt like me they will try and help someone who is worse off then themselves, because there is always someone who needs a friend more then we do."
I left the room and went to a place I could just cry. I was so touched by the simple phrase there's always someone who needs a friend more then we do.
As I drove home this morning I started thinking about how blessed I am to have grown up in a safe home where my family loved me and where I didn't have to go to bed at night in fear, or worry I might get hit when I came home from school. I hope that I can be a friend or safe haven for anyone who is need of one.

No comments: