Saturday, March 12, 2011

Remembering we are blessed.

I was thinking today how blessed we are to live in the United States. God has truly blessed this land, he has given us opportunity, peace and freedom. I am saddened by those who don't have the knowledge and love for Heavenly Father, those who want to take the line "One nation under God." out of the pledge of allegiance and those who believe prayers and religion of any sort should be banned from schools, sporting events and community gatherings. I believe that our faith in the Lord and Savior help us prosper, makes us a kinder more tolerant country, it also allows us welcome all and love our neighbors. Recognizing God's hand in our life helps us remember to pray and be mindful of all those people in countries that have lost all they have to war, natural disaster and poverty. Again I say, we are so blessed, I hope we can remember this not only in times of sorrow but always.

No comments: